The Policies describe our policies on the collection, use, and disclosure of information about you in connection with your use of our Services, including those offered through our websites and communications (eg, emails, phone calls, and texts).
1. Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect, transmit and store information about you in connection with your use of the Services, including any information you send to or through the Services. We use that information to provide the Services’ functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Services’ quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Services, personalize your experience, track usage of the Services, provide feedback to third-party businesses that are listed on the Services, display relevant advertising, market the Services, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Services and comply with legal obligations. Even when We do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
2. Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies may contain unique identifiers and reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you, and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of the Services, such as your browser types, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have interacted with, and the date and time of your use.
- Processes: Intended to make the Services work in the way you expect. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
- Notifications: Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Services. For example, we may use a Cookie that stops us from showing you certain notifications if you have already seen them.
- Analytics: Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Services. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Services. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security setting. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
3. When is my data shared?
- Service Providers: We rely on third-party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with your use of the Services, such as communications and hosting, security and fraud prevention, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting usage of the Services, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing, and other functions. We share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on our Services. For example, we may disclose the number of users exposed to or interacted with advertisements.
- Businesses listed on our Services: We may share information from or about you and your use of the Service with businesses listed on our Services. Additionally, if you contact a business through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share with the business information about your contact that the business would have received had you contacted them directly.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Services may link to third-party-controlled websites, like a business’ URL; however, we do not share your personal information with them and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- Third-Party Integrations: If you sign up for or log into the Services using a third-party service or link your Services account with your account with a third-party service, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third-party service through the Services, that third-party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone with access to it through that third-party service. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third-party partners while preserving the look and feel of the Services.
4. Data retention
To the extent required by applicable law, we keep the personal information you provide for the duration of our relationship, plus a reasonable time thereafter to comply with applicable laws.
The Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from individuals under the age of 13 or such other age as may be required by applicable law.
We use various safeguards to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.