5 Tips for Designing an Effective Landing Page
Before we look at tips for designing an outstanding landing page, let us define exactly what a landing page is, and why it is so important to have one as part of your website design.
What Is a Landing Page?
Have you ever clicked a marketing call-to-action button and been taken to a web page dedicated specifically to the promotion you were interested in? Intended for a singular marketing campaign, there are no distractions on the page that could draw visitors from the purpose of the campaign.
Why Do I Need a Landing Page?
Landing pages are used to either:
- Collect leads for future marketing campaigns, or
- Promote or convert without putting off prospects with pressure to buy.
Top Landing Page Design Tips
- Using responsive web design principles, design a landing page with only one way forward. The power of conversion in landing pages is in their simplicity. Include a single call to action – be it for the purposes of 1 or 2 above. Remove all navigation and link options.
- Whether you are marketing internationally or within your local community, make sure that your headline is click-worthy. Capturing a reader’s attention is how you lure them to your landing page before extracting their contact details or elicit that sale.
- Having said that, there must be congruence with headline and content. Especially when it comes to bagging email addresses for online white papers, checklists, cheat sheets and so on.
- Highlight what is most important on your landing page to save weary visitors from having to make yet another decision. Yes, the details are necessary and needed. But, truthfully, most of us skim-read what’s in front of us.
- Do not be afraid of white spaces. Too many websites out there hurt our eyes with too many competing elements. Embracing white space, clearly guiding your audience and limiting distractions will win you fans while checking all the boxes of a well-designed landing page.
Website Design Company
To find out more about web design and other aspects of successful digital marketing, contact the Digital Marketing people without delay.