Some people still think that coupons are a thing of the past. However, in 2018, this could not be further from the truth. Everyone, from millennials to affluent people, loves getting something free, and coupons are a great way to deliver a free gift this Christmas.
If you are not yet convinced, here are some intriguing coupon statistics:
- 96% of consumers use coupons
- 85% of Americans use coupons
- Discounts and coupons came in as the top-ranking tactic for driving loyalty with 61% of consumers saying they use them
- 48% of US companies use mobile coupons for marketing
- At least 5% of US internet users redeemed a digital coupon or code at least once per year in 2015
- 68% of consumers say that coupons generate loyalty
- 50% of consumers are more likely to visit a store if they have received a coupon
The festive season catapults people into a spending frenzy and they will be expecting promotions, sales, discounts and other gifts. Whether you run an e-commerce website or want people to visit your brick and mortar store, give your customers the gift of a coupon this Christmas.
If this is the first time you will be incorporating coupons into your digital marketing strategy, then keep it simple. A coupon offering a buy-one-get-one-free deal or a discount that is redeemable over the festive season can be appealing enough to boost your sales.
There have been many technological developments in the digital coupon sphere. NFC stickers and QR codes are now an accepted way for people to gain points that they can redeem from a business or boost their status in a company’s loyalty programme. If you have an app, then you should consider using push notifications to send your customers coupons or codes that they can use when they are buying. This is a great way to strike while the iron is hot because they will already be using their smartphone or tablet.
Need help with your digital marketing, email marketing or SEO? Then contact The Digital Marketing People today.
Leave A Comment