Don’t Let Your Brand Make These Hashtag Mistakes
Hashtags are a way of grouping together topically related content. They can be a little confusing on Instagram, however, hashtags are one of the top ways to boost your engagement and follower count.
The social media marketing experts at The Digital Marketing People list some hashtag mistakes you want to avoid:
- You’re only using hashtags specific to your own business. If you are a wedding photographer, for example, and you are only using hashtags related to weddings and brides, then you are missing out on reaching quality followers through other hashtags. The location of where the wedding is or the hotel or resort could also be used as a hashtag. Using hashtags that are outside the ‘popular’ realm of your business will get your photo seen by more people.
- Only using popular hashtags. This will get you the wrong type of followers. Hashtags such as #instamood, #instagrammers, #love, etc. move way too quickly because so many people are using them. Stay away from only using popular Mix up generic hashtags with ones that are also specific to your business.
- Not using hashtags that are relevant to your location. Tag your city, region, or any other landmark in the area as all of the hashtags will be relevant to your post.
- Not testing new hashtags on a regular basis. You need to go deeper to get the results you are looking for. Play around with different hashtags strategically to attract the particular customers you want.
- Not researching hashtags. Before you use a hashtag, type the hashtag into a researching tool to see what types of images and posts come up. Some of the best tools for this include Ritetag, Tagboard, Hashtags.org, and tagsforlikes.com.
Need help with your social media marketing or online reputation management? Then get in touch with The Digital Marketing People today.