Our Guide to Marketing Your Business on Instagram
Instagram has grown at a remarkable pace over the last few years – a whopping 3,233% increase in five years from 30 million users in 2012 to hit the 1 billion user mark in 2017. No business can afford to turn its back on such a meteoric growth in reach.
Why Choose Instagram to Boost Your Marketing?
The vast scope of Instagram is just the tip of the iceberg. One of the more noticeable aspects of Instagram posts is the use of #hashtags – keywords that summarize what is being said in your post. This makes it easy for you to be found and to be recognizable.
Because it was created in 2010, Instagram truly is mobile-first. This means that you can be in the pocket of your prospects and customers – increasing your engagement with them through high-quality photos, local hashtags and even by uniting with other brands.
Instagram recently launched Instagram Shoppable Posts which allows users to tag and shop products directly from organic Instagram posts. Simply add tags to the products in your photos with links that include the product description, price and the ability to “shop now”, which will lead the user to your online store.
How to Set Up Instagram For Your Business
- Start by setting up a business Instagram account or converting a personal account to business.
- Decide on an appropriate social media marketing campaign, bearing the following in mind:
- Who you are marketing to?
- What stage of the customer journey are you targeting? Is it the awareness, engagement, conversion or the customer?
- Why you are marketing?
- What are your goals?
- How will you measure marketing success?
- What is your timeframe?
- When you will be posting? (Keep in mind that a regular posting schedule is imperative.)
- Optimize your profile for the best results.
- Test and measure using Instagram Insights.