Websites have taken over from adverts on television, radio and also in publications. They are the equivalent of a mailbox full of promotional pamphlets and your local consumer group’s vast network of reviewers. However, websites are now so common that it takes considerable planning, strategy and effort to get noticed. The top two elements on which you need to focus on, are web design and search engine optimization.
Get the Basics Right
The basics include:
- Being crystal clear on exactly who your market is. If you don’t know your target audience, you won’t communicate the right message to them. If you can’t communicate the right message, your traffic-gaining tactics will fail.
- Research your competitors and highlight how you stand out – product, service, distribution, relationships, reputation, price, image.
- The strategic use of social media to get more website traffic. Don’t open an account on every social media platform and go crazy posting, tweeting and hash-tagging until you up your traffic. Use your target audience research to share relevant content on appropriate sites.
Once you have the above in place, the experience your visitors have on your website is key. What do internet users want?
- The next best thing! Because of the myriad choices, consumers have become fickle. Keep your website design fresh, evolving and exciting to visit.
- Share-worthy visuals and engaging videos are the fastest growing aspect of digital marketing. Optimize them to boost your SEO. Use them to draw and keep users on your site. Encourage sharing with a clear call to action.
- In tandem with professional visuals, test your website’s page load time with Google’s free tool – as search engines penalize slow pages – especially as searches via mobile devices increases.
- Make it easy to access your website on-the-go with a mobile-first responsive design.
As a small to medium-sized businesses, it is unlikely that you will rank on the first page of Google for a broad term associated with your offering. One way to increase organic traffic is to produce blog content that is jam-packed with incredible value.
Snippets of this can be shared through an email campaign, with a call to action to read the entire article on your website.
Ask the Experts
Are you interested in digital marketing methods and strategies to boost your status and help you generate new leads? The Digital Marketing People (a digital marketing agency) offers a range of internet marketing techniques, including web design, SEO, and content marketing that can be customized for your business. For more information, contact us today.